The links below are provided as a public resource, and do not
necessarily indicate endorsement of, or agreement with,
these groups. See our
disclaimer for details.
- County Codes and Ordinances
- Lee County's official laws, including building codes.
- Lee Comprehensive Plan
Lee County's comprehensive plan includes zoning regulations
- Lee County Land Development Code (LDC)
Lee County's Land Development Code addresses zoning and building requirements.
- Specific amendments to the Lee Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code which affect Estero, Florida.
Long Range Transportation Plan
- The Metropolitan Planning Organization's 2030 Long-Range Transportation
Plan documents the transportation needs of Lee County for the next 25 years.
News-Press Estero Web Site
- Launched in December 2005, this neighborhood site seeks to incorporate
news headlines, local happenings, and reader opinions and dialogs.
Bonita Daily News/Naples Daily News Web Site
- The Bonita Daily News covers south Lee County and north Collier County.
It is the sister paper to the Naples Daily News and its twice-weekly
tabloid, The Banner.
- "BikeWalkLee is a community coalition raising
public awareness and advocating for complete streets in Lee County --
streets that are designed, built, operated and maintained for safe and
convenient travel for all users: pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, and
transit riders of all ages and abilities."
Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development
- The mission of this council is to be the
Bonita Springs and Estero areaís economic
development authority, fostering regional
collaboration for the retention, expansion,
creation, and attraction of jobs and
Conservancy of Southwest Florida
- Through science, policy and education, the Conservancy of Southwest
Florida promotes smart growth, preservation of wildlife and habitat, and
increased awareness of environmental needs.
See also our
links to local environmental groups.
- Corkscrew Road Rural Community
community website which assists residents of the East Corkscrew Road Rural
Community by providing timely news and information about local issues and
Estero Art League
- The Estero Art League is a non-profit organization established in 1997 to
promote the arts in Estero and the surrounding area. Members meet to
paint every Monday from 9 am to 12 noon. Classes are offered in
oil, acrylics, watercolor and drawing. Several shows are held each
year including a juried member show in February. If interested, please
stop by on Monday mornings at the Estero Community Center at 9200 Corkscrew
Palms Blvd. or write to:
Estero Art League, PO Box 864, Estero FL
- Estero Fire and Rescue
- "The Estero Fire District comprises 56 square miles of South Lee County. The 28 square miles in the western half of the District is home to the vast majority of the population of the District. While there are a few residential areas in the eastern half, most of the land is used for agriculture, mining and conservation."
Estero Historical Society
- "The Mission of the Estero Historical Society is to learn, teach and preserve the history of Estero, Florida. By our continuing efforts, we hope to secure a rich historical legacy for future generations and a strong sense of community identity."
- "Operating as a separate business unit of the Florida Department of
Transportation (FDOT), Florida's Turnpike has expanded and increased revenue,
while continuing to protect bondholders and improve customer service across the
board. Florida's Turnpike is now responsible for all operations on every FDOT-owned
and operated toll road and bridge. This represents about 600 miles of roadway
and 80 percent of all toll facilities in Florida."
- Friends of South
County Regional Library, Inc.
- "The Friends of South County Regional Library, Inc. is a
non-profit organization formed to enhance programming and
services provided by the South County Regional Library,
located at 21100 Three Oaks Parkway in Estero, Florida." The
Friends of South County Regional Library, Inc. is a member
of the Estero Council of Community Leaders.
- "Gulfshore Playhouse promises to be a place to find innovative and
stimulating new plays and musicals, recent Broadway and off-Broadway hits,
exciting concerts and one-man shows, as well as our beloved classics. I
believe that our community, and every community for that matter, can always
benefit from an increase in the arts, and that creating a regional theatre
here will add another colorful thread to the already vibrant fabric of the
current arts scene in Southwest Florida."
- Lee County Metropolitan Planning Organization
- "The MPO is responsible for conducting a continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive transportation planning process for all of Lee County. It must plan for the movement of both people and goods within the county by all modes of travel--including highways, public transportation, bicycles, and foot. It also plans for the connections (such as airports, seaports, or bus, railroad, and pipeline terminals) linking these modes or tying us to the rest of the world."
- Lee County Sheriff's Office
- The Lee County Sheriff's office provides law enforcement for
unincorporated Lee County, including Estero, which is in the South District.
- San Carlos Park Civic Association
- "The San Carlos Park Civic Association, Inc. was established to promote and advance the good and welfare of the community and to be a liaison for the community with Lee County. The Association is a non-profit organization maintained from dues, social functions, contribution and other fund-raising activities. The funds raised by the Association are used to assist individuals and organizations for specific purposes or hardships with membership approval." San Carlos Park is located immediately north of the Estero area.
- South Florida Regional Water Management District
- "The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) is a regional agency of the state of Florida, and is charged with managing and protecting water resources of the region by balancing and improving water quality, flood control, natural systems and water supply. SFWMD's boundaries extend from central Florida to Lake Okeechobee, and from coast to coast, from Fort Myers to Fort Pierce, south through the sprawling Everglades to the Florida Keys and Florida Bay."
- Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council
- "The Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council is a locally formed regional planning agency serving six counties: Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, Lee, and Sarasota. Its mission is to protect and improve the Regionís physical, economic, and social environment...The Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council acts as a regional information clearinghouse, conducts research to develop and maintain area wide goals, objectives, and policies, and assists in implementing a number of local, state, and federal programs."
- Lee County Government
- The official web site of Lee County, Florida, the county in which Estero, Florida resides.
- City of Bonita Springs
Official web site of the city of Bonita Springs, Florida.
- Wikipedia Entry for
- Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia edited by users worldwide, has an
entry for Estero, Florida.
- Florida Yards & Neighborhoods
- Florida friendly landscaping tips from University of Florida Extension
For a list of Estero residential communities, see the
For a list of new and recent Estero developments, see the